If you are looking for a relatively easy way to improve your website’s organic rankings (meaning not through paid ads) then ask your customers to leave you online reviews. Not only do online reviews create great, unique content using terms related to your website and business, but Google also factors them into its search engine results page.
When customers search for keywords related to your business (appliance repair, used or new appliances, washer repair, etc.) in Google, they are going to be presented with businesses near them along with a map and stars showing any reviews. The above image is an example I did searching generically for “appliance repair.” See how the business with online reviews and stars stands out from the rest?
“When star ratings are displayed in Google search results, prospective customers can instantly judge whether they can trust your product enough to visit your site. This helps increase the traffic, and possibly the sales,” according to an article from Search Engine Watch.
Your Online Review Strategy
- Work on getting reviews for your business by asking your customers for them. Add wording reminding them to leave your business an online review on the bottom of a receipt, work order, or business card or even on an in-store sign.
- Be sure your customer is completely happy with your service before you ask them to leave an online review.
- Reviews on your Google My Business listing will probably help your site the most. However, having a variety of online reviews on different websites is also good for your rankings, so places like Yelp, YP.com and other sites are valuable as well.
- Since Facebook is so popular, be sure to monitor reviews on your business’ Facebook page as well.
- Monitor your business’s online reputation. Make sure you address any negative reviews or comments. Be polite and ask that the reviewer contact you via phone or e-mail so you can speak one-to-one in private when discussing the problem.